Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Need a new battery. Need advice on what to get?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Need a new battery. Need advice on what to get?

Alright everyone so I need a new battery. Mine has about kicked the bucket after 6 great years. Now, I haven't had to replace the battery in my truck yet and I am unsure what brands are good or what type of battery I should get. I do need one with quite a bit of juice ample enough to run all 4 fog lights(100watt a piece), 1000watt amp powering 2 10" subs, cb radio, and the truck. The battery I have now has lasted a long time but has seemed quite weak since adding all 4 fogs, and I potentially would like to get new headlights at some point, possibly hids.

So what brand is great for a lot of umf ?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
b.prall is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
b.prall's Tacoma Gallery
I've had great luck with the optima brand
Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I'd really like to keep it at about $200, I might be able to squeeze a little more but I dunno. I have heard great things about optima, but I've also heard (only from one guy at the parts store) that he didn't care for his optima. Said was overpriced and that all you pay for is the colored top. But another guy he worked with argued with him saying it was one of the best on the market right now.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
IF you have the cashola i would say screw Optima and get Odyssey battery.

get a diehard platinum. odyssey rebranded and bout 100 bucks cheaper. got one in mine and paid a little over 200 for it
Old 02-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
get a diehard platinum. odyssey rebranded and bout 100 bucks cheaper. got one in mine and paid a little over 200 for it
Ok, sweet what was the model number on that bad boy btw?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Ok, sweet what was the model number on that bad boy btw?

i want to say a group 35?

http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinu...1&blockType=G1
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
National Battery is what I use and no issues at all and I lived in utah where it has hot summers and real cold winters
Old 02-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I got a pre taco. 93 pickup to be exact. What eating should I need looking at?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Those of you that have had an Optima, how long a life have you experienced with the battery?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
Please see Section 7 on the Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ on www.batteryfaq.org for more information about buying a replacement battery.