Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2nd gen brakes

Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Chitter is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
Chitter's Tacoma Gallery
Post 2nd gen brakes

I have a 2011 Tacoma 4dr long bed 35k miles. Brakes pulsate and slight vibrations during braking. I'm thinking warped rotors has anyone had this issue.

Any recommendations on brake rotors slotted or drilled or standard / pads trd or oem or ceramic or semi metallic cheap. I drive like I stole it

Any suggestions or tips on repairing brakes would be great!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
get them serviced and machined if they are still in spec for runout
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Chitter is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
Chitter's Tacoma Gallery
I can get them machined no problem $25 a rotor any recommendations on pads?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitter View Post
I went with factory pads. The original set was removed after 5 years (last year). Prices were comparable to other replacement pads. I didn't need anything fancy but didn't want cheopo quality either.
www.partznet.com
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
If the pads are not worn out scuff them up with sand paper, clean the shims and re lube with anti seize. If the rotors are under 26.0 mm (1.024 in.) after turning them they require replacement. You should be ok if they are not warped too badly.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
TRDTodd is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
TRDTodd's Tacoma Gallery
Check your wheel bearings too! My truck had this issue at 50k-60k. Then I drove to FL and back & had to get another new part.=Really bad experience. Totally screwed up my new TRD pads.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitter View Post
Hawk, yellow box, Will stand the thing on its nose