Notices

Heater is working a little but it is not right

Old 02-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
jackmharrill is on a distinguished road
Army: 82nd Airborne, etc.
Name: Jack
jackmharrill's Tacoma Gallery
Heater is working a little but it is not right

Hi, I have a 2007 Tacoma. We live in Maine and the heater is pretty important right now. My heater has been working very well until a couple of days ago. The fan blows on all of its speeds. The damper control appears to send air to where it is supposed to go. The air does seem to get hot or cold depending on how you set the temp control. We are just not getting much air. You can feel air coming from the vents it but it is maybe 15% of what it was. (The blower still sounds normal). After reading the manual about not getting much air I changed the cabin air filter. It definitely needed replacing. After this I got just a little more air but it is still much less than 3 days ago. The heater would always really blow you out of the cab unless you turned it down. Now you can ride without freezing up but there is definitely not much air coming through the vents even on high. I have checked the antifreeze and it is fine. There do not appear to be any leaks in the system. We are just not getting anywhere near the amount of air you normally get when the blower runs. I just had it to the dealer for a recall and they looked and said that they did not see anything wrong on the outside. I told them to quit right there. Figured I would ask someone that might know what the problem was without disassembling my truck. Is there any way that the inlet to the cabin air filter can get clogged? It sort of sounds like the fan is running but not getting any air to blow. Thanks, Jack
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
This may point you in the right direction

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...2-26-09-a.html