Notices

Long bed into short bed

Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Justin Williams
Justin4828 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Justin4828's Tacoma Gallery
Long bed into short bed

Is it possible to make a long bed tacoma a short bed??
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
a lot of chopping, and any thing is possible, but no, your frame is long too, not to mention relocating the gas cap, brake lines, etc. not worth it.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the reasoning for this?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Whats the reasoning for this?
buyers remorse, I'd imagine.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin4828 View Post
Is it possible to make a long bed tacoma a short bed??
I'd do it for free. Just gotta sharpen my chainsaw first
Old 02-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
buyers remorse, I'd imagine.
ahahahahahahaha
Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
monyman is on a distinguished road

monyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
a lot of chopping, and any thing is possible, but no, your frame is long too, not to mention relocating the gas cap, brake lines, etc. not worth it.
My 1990 long-bed has a bobbed bed on it that I bought from someone who had done it. One way of shortening it doesn't require relocating the gas cap, brake lines, etc. The first step is to cut off the end of the bed containing the tailgate. Next is to cut off another slice from the end, the length of which is the amount you want it shorter. Next is to weld the tailgate piece onto the bed. Voila.

I did have to cut off the frame ends as they stuck out, but that was the easy part.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monyman View Post
My 1990 long-bed has a bobbed bed on it that I bought from someone who had done it. One way of shortening it doesn't require relocating the gas cap, brake lines, etc. The first step is to cut off the end of the bed containing the tailgate. Next is to cut off another slice from the end, the length of which is the amount you want it shorter. Next is to weld the tailgate piece onto the bed. Voila.

I did have to cut off the frame ends as they stuck out, but that was the easy part.
he has the plastic bed though.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
he has the plastic bed though.
Its been done on a 2nd gen with a short bed. Looked pretty good too. nomods is his username.