Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Turbocharge, or re-gear?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Turbocharge, or re-gear?

2001 tacoma, toytec ULK, 285's, with 150,000 on the odo. Obviously if I turbocharge, I will have to do internals. Quick search on Google brings up quite a few threads from multiple sites, and I've read them. Basically everyone has thrown in their opinion, and starts to argue. I'm looking to restore the torque and power but still have some mpg's out of this 4 cylinder. Any reputable shops near east central Indiana will help.

From what I've read I have 4:10's already so 4:56 or 4:88's would be ideal as for gears. I do MOSTLY in town driving but would still like to be able to use 5th gear on the interstate. Am I looking for a unicorn here?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Gears, 4.56s would be perfect IMO.