Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Fuel filter replacement

Old 02-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwscoot View Post
I'm not saying your wrong.. but any idea how?

this has been on my mind all night.
Probably for the same reason why, when you floor the accelerator peddle when cranking the engine, it shuts off the injectors if the engine is flooded. Not sure why, but it just does. You may have to put a call in to Osaka,Japan and talk to the guy that engineered the system.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #22
jwscoot has a spectacular aura aboutjwscoot has a spectacular aura about

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Probably for the same reason why, when you floor the accelerator peddle when cranking the engine, it shuts off the injectors if the engine is flooded. Not sure why, but it just does. You may have to put a call in to Osaka,Japan and talk to the guy that engineered the system.
unfornately, I'm not up on my japanesse...

pulling the fuse would be the simplest.... and the simplest solutions are often the most clever.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwscoot View Post
unfornately, I'm not up on my japanesse...

pulling the fuse would be the simplest.... and the simplest solutions are often the most clever.
ah HA!! Useing my sig against me, eh???

Actually, the simplest solution would be to NOT take the fuse out, and just pull the filter off.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #24
jwscoot has a spectacular aura aboutjwscoot has a spectacular aura about

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
ah HA!! Useing my sig against me, eh???

Actually, the simplest solution would be to NOT take the fuse out, and just pull the filter off.
haha...OK fair enough, I'm just busting your balls!