Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Fuel filter replacement

Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Bambigular will become famous soon enough
Bambigular's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel filter replacement

I have a 04 DC V6, I know where the fuel filter is, but where do you disconnect the wire to feed the fuel to the motor. In my past car it was under the passenger seat. Any info will be appreciated.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If your trying to de preserize the fuel line, you can pull the EFI fuse and crank the engine over a few times.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
what chris said.................................but when i do mine.........i dont ever de-pressurize mine................just undo the lines where they are "clamped" onto the frame, then undo the nuts............then pull. there isnt alot of gas that comes out, but de-pressurizing may be a good idea.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
what chris said.................................but when i do mine.........i dont ever de-pressurize mine................just undo the lines where they are "clamped" onto the frame, then undo the nuts............then pull. there isnt alot of gas that comes out, but de-pressurizing may be a good idea.
being as I most always have a lit cigar nearby, I have become a fan of depresurizing fuel lines.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
being as I most always have a lit cigar nearby, I have become a fan of depresurizing fuel lines.
definitely a good idea for you then brotha!!

i usually smoke after i have the filter changed....................but i wash my hands since i have gas all over them. made that mistake before with hairspray!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Quote:
Thanks for all the info guys but chris4x4 you must have missed the myth buster show when they busted the myth about a cigarette or cigar lighting fuel
Old 02-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambigular View Post
Thanks for all the info guys but chris4x4 you must have missed the myth buster show when they busted the myth about a cigarette or cigar lighting fuel
i must have missed that one too.................but i dont wanna try............my luck=shit would blow up/burn down!!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambigular View Post
Weather or not it ignites, I dont want to be on the receiveing end of a bad desision.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
Quote:
If your trying to de preserize the fuel line, you can pull the EFI fuse and crank the engine over a few times.
After you pull the EFI fuse does it throw any codes up for disconnecting the fuse?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #10
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
nope..Just dosent start. I do it all the time at work when i change fuel filters. Just dont forget to put it back in when your done.

I usually cycle the key a few times to get the fuel pump to get fuel into the lines again.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
when i replaced my fuel filter on my 02 4runner i just undid the gas cap before i started. it worked fine.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #12
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i think if you read the Chiltons, they recommend doing both.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
That's great info! especially cuz I'm new to the Tacoma world.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #14

Firefighter:
well..guess its on my to-do list. Dang, i spent all my money on driving lights and beer. lol
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #15
jwscoot has a spectacular aura aboutjwscoot has a spectacular aura about

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
Correct me if I'm wrong... the EFI fuse controls the injectors... I didn't think it also controled the fuel pump?... I thought if you pulled that fuse, the injectors would not cycle the fuel pump would run and you'd reach the max operating presure of the FPR...

I've always been told to disconnect the pump, start engine and let die to release the presure.

Can somebody let me know I'm wrong or right?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 AM   #16

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?

Just seems even if it disconnected the power to the pump and the injectors then cranking it like that would do nothing to relieve the presure.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 AM   #17

You would think that it would do that, but it allows the injectors to de presurize.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #18

jwscoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You would think that it would do that, but it allows the injectors to de presurize.
I'm not saying your wrong.. but any idea how?

this has been on my mind all night.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #19
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick question guys, I've got 66,000 on my '03 Dbl Cab, should I change mine, i'ts never been done..... How often should you change them?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I change mine every other year. Twice in a leap year