Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Pulled out of snow, think I pulled a sensor

Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Jena is on a distinguished road
Jena's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled out of snow, think I pulled a sensor

Hello.

I have a 2010 Tacoma 4WD, 4 cyl, manual trans. I got stuck "head first" in the snow and was pulled out backwards. The mud flap on the drivers front was ripped off and I probably something else as well.

My air bag light, check engine, and a couple other lights are on, speedometer/odometer won't work. Blinkers don't work, but I have lights and brake lights. Seat belt reminder light comes on, but the dinger doesn't work. The traction control thing doesn't ding either. The heater vent switch doesn't work.

I tried resetting it using the scanner thing at the auto parts store, no effect.

I figure I pulled some sensor something off, but don't see anything obvious when I look around the wheels and underneath. Where else should I look?

I have to keep driving until I can get it fixed (probably at least several days). Is that going to hurt it?

Is my odometer going to appear to be tampered with after this? How do I fix that so I don't get in trouble when I go to sell it someday?

Thanks!
Jena
Old 03-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
try pulling the battery terminals off for 30 minutes. then reconnecting. should do a good reset. your stereo presets will be lost however.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Jena is on a distinguished road
Jena's Tacoma Gallery
There was a blown ignition fuse so I replaced that and also took the battery cables off for good measure. Gonna go check it in a bit and hopefully it's fixed!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Check all of the fuses.
Get the code read, not just clear it.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
OldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud of

Army: USMC 79-85 / USCG 87-89 / Army 89-12 / Retired E-8 on 07/31/12
Name: Robert
OldFatGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know what it was. Just in case it happens to someone else.