Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How to lower driver seat??

Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Denteen is on a distinguished road
Army:
Denteen's Tacoma Gallery
How to lower driver seat??

Has anyone found a way to lower the driver seat for more headroom?
I did a quick search, havent found anything.
I'm only 6' tall, but have to squish my neck to get in there!
Dont make me sell this thing to buy a full size Ford! Help!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Don't recall anyone shortening their seats.

I'm 6'3 and don't have any issues.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
andjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: LAXPD
Name: Andew
andjenliang's Tacoma Gallery
5' 11" here no problems with head space. perhaps you should tilt your seat back more? the only time when my head come even close to the ceiling is when i sit up straight as if i was in the attention position.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6'8" and have no issues. Raised the mirror (thanks ImMrYo) and seat to the furthest position back. It takes getting used to the in and out procedure but simple and no complaints. Even my Bro at 6'5" has no problems driving the taco.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Don't recall anyone shortening their seats.

I'm 6'3 and don't have any issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llibrm View Post
I'm 6'8" and have no issues. Raised the mirror (thanks ImMrYo) and seat to the furthest position back. It takes getting used to the in and out procedure but simple and no complaints. Even my Bro at 6'5" has no problems driving the taco.

Never seen it done, not that it hasn't. However if Josh and Bill have no issues...........
Alas, in reference to the rear-view mirror lowering thread, which has been quite popular here..................hope this link helps.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post4765825
Old 01-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
l7d7s7 is on a distinguished road
l7d7s7's Tacoma Gallery
I am 6'1". I had to remove the visor to see better. I have to sit up straight because of my back. I still need another inch. Please, is there a way to lower the seat?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
I don't roll on Saturday
Muskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud of

Name: Carl
Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Denteen and l7d7s7.

I'm 6'2" and I have to duck my head to look under that "green horizontal tinting stripe" on the windshield when driving.

I've noticed the passenger seat sits a little lower than the driver's seat.

I would be nice to lower the driver's seat a bit.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #8
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of people swapping in seats from a Celica. They might be lower.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
I don't roll on Saturday
Muskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud ofMuskwa has much to be proud of

Name: Carl
Muskwa's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the '13 Tacoma driver's seat has a up/down adjustment.

I wonder if you would gain more headroom if you installed a seat from a '13? and how expensive it would be?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #10
unclemike is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Mike
unclemike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskwa View Post
I heard the '13 Tacoma driver's seat has a up/down adjustment.

I wonder if you would gain more headroom if you installed a seat from a '13? and how expensive it would be?
No adjustments in the 12, 13 or 14.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denteen View Post
I'm only 6' tall, but have to squish my neck to get in there!
To "get in" or to drive?