1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where does this hose go?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Davtopgun, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mar 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    I popped my hood a little while ago and found this hose loose. If you have a 3.4l, could you tell me where this hose goes? It appears to be going into the intake tube, though I cannot see any connection for it. My truck has a K&N cai setup (It was there when I bought the truck).

The engine is hesitating when I hit the gas, and I'm mot sure if this hose has anything to do with it.

BTW, I just put in a new fuel filter. The old one was in pretty terrible condition. I don't see how a new fuel filter would cause any problems, but it's a good idea to post up that I just changed it.

engine1.jpg

2. Mar 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    maybe a vaccum line or to the tb?

3. Mar 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    It's not a vacuum line, has no suction. I think it may fit a stock intake, and I just never noticed it loose before.

The hesitation in the gas pedal seems to have stopped. I just wasn't patient enough after changing the filter. I assume it had to work the air out of the line.

Would still like to know where that hose goes though. If I can get someone to go look under their hood. Would be much appreciated.

4. Mar 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i can tomorrow, its dark and effin cold right now

5. Mar 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    ^^^ Thanks, and Bump if someone has theirs in their garage and wouldn't mind checking it for me?

6. Mar 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Supertramp

Supertramp dismember

Member:
    NC Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Off-road.
    Mine goes around the back of the intake and connects here, hope this helps.
    hose.jpg

7. Mar 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

I'm trying to see the same perspective that you took the picture from. If that's the firewall on the right, then it's the other end of the hose that i'm after. Thanks for the info!

8. Mar 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    Supertramp

Supertramp dismember

Member:
    NC Mountains
    Vehicle:
    Different angles.
    hose 2.jpg

hose 3.jpg

9. Mar 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    SuperTramp, I really appreciate the photos. It appears that your hose setup is different then mine. I guess the setup changes between my 95.5 3.4l and your 02 3.4l. I have a third larger hose running with the other two over top of the intake. Like the first pic I posted.

Thanks for your help!

10. Mar 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    Supertramp

Supertramp dismember

Member:
    NC Mountains
    Vehicle:
    Sorry it different work out, maybe someone with an earlier 3.4 will chime in.

11. Mar 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

Hopefully, Thanks again!

12. Mar 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Dave, is that your 95.5? Wow you got that engine cleaned up nice. I see you took out the modified intake system and installed a stock one. I have Phillip's 99 at the shop. I will look and see if I can tell where that hose goes.

13. Mar 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

No, it's not mine. That's a photo I found on google. I wish mine was that clean. Still on the market for a stock air box, too. Thanks

14. Mar 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Dave, I just looked at Phil's 1999, and his goes from the metal line to a port on the plastic/rubber intake pipe from the air cleaner box. I am thinking from what I remember seeing, that you don't have that. The best I can suggest is to find a way to extend it and pipe it into the intake pipe at some point. That hose would draw un-metered air into the engine, and could definitely cause you issues, as it is not measured by the mass-airflow sensor. Any way you can take a fresh pic of your under hood? I can't remember exactly how it is set up.

15. Mar 5, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    I'll get a pic when I get home. Currently working on getting a stock air box.

Products Discussed in

To Top