Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Will this transfer case fit? HELP!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
kstaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
kstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Will this transfer case fit? HELP!

I have a 2000 tacoma TRD 3.4 v6 w a man. tranny. The tranfer case is on its way out and think I may of found one after months of looking but not sure if it is the exact match to what is in my pickup. It is out of a 1999 tacoma 3.4 v6 man. tranny SR5 4x4. Any help would be great! Or if there is anything else I need to find out about the doner tacoma jus let me know.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstaco View Post
I have a 2000 tacoma TRD 3.4 v6 w a man. tranny. The tranfer case is on its way out and think I may of found one after months of looking but not sure if it is the exact match to what is in my pickup. It is out of a 1999 tacoma 3.4 v6 man. tranny SR5 4x4. Any help would be great! Or if there is anything else I need to find out about the doner tacoma jus let me know.
It should fit no problem (same engine same tranny) there where no changes.
2001 got that crazy 4wd button but I know those where on automatics. I think all manuals are J transfer cases.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstaco View Post
Same engine, same trans, it will fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
2001 got that crazy 4wd button but I know those where on automatics. I think all manuals are J transfer cases.
Push button was an option. You could get either push button or J-shift with any of the engine trans combos.
It was never standard on any certain model.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
kstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Someone told me that some tacomas came w some kind of vaccum module on the back side of the front dif.. And that if it was there then it took a specific transfer case other than if the tacoma didnt have this (vacuum module)?????
Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
If you have ADD your transfercase will have certain sensors near the top of the case at the shift rails.
Those will need to be swapped over to the new transfercase.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
kstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info!