Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Extended Warranty

Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
TacFan2013 is on a distinguished road
TacFan2013's Tacoma Gallery
Extended Warranty

Hey all. I bought a 2013 Tacoma TRD 4WD last week at the local Toyota dealer, and am contemplating purchasing 10 yr. 125k mile bumper-to-bumper ext. warranty. I plan to keep the truck for at least that long, and while Toyota's are built to last, all the electronics and drive train stuff makes me nervous further down the road. I don't plan to off-road per se, but haul junk to our cabin, gravel, etc.

This is with Zurich Insurance (sold at the dealer) and they rave about it. I'd appreciate any thoughts or experience with extended warranties and if you've found them worth it. Thank you!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Do some searches, many threads on this. Also look around for the best price if you are serious, there was a thread through some dealer in MA I think that had excellent prices for a Toyota warranty.

BTW, of course the people SELLING the warranty tell you it's great. Come on now.

As for if it's worth it... Personally I consider it insurance. If it makes you feel better go for it, I have never bought an extended warranty, and have never regretted it. I consider myself self-insured for this. I figure worst case, I blow up an engine or transmission, cost is a few thousand $$, I keep enough money reserves saved for just such a contingency.