LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

what is the fuel capacity after light goes on

Old 03-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
vjherrera will become famous soon enoughvjherrera will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (AM1)
Name: Vince
vjherrera's Tacoma Gallery
what is the fuel capacity after light goes on

Does any one know what is the fuel capacity after the low fuel warning light goes on.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
StevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
StevoNB's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is around 10 litres, but I have a first gen, not sure what you have.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I heard of there being some varience, but mine comes on after 17.4 gal are gone. I've seen reports of it coming on between 17 and 18 though. A search will get you many threads on this.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjherrera View Post
Does any one know what is the fuel capacity after the low fuel warning light goes on.

The light comes on when you have burned 17 gallons and have 4 gallons remaining. (This is +/- 0.5 gallon true every time I pop into a station right when the light comes on).

Some other data I have collected on the fuel gauge:

At the 3/4 full line you have used 5 gallons (16 in the tank)
At the 1/2 full line you have used 9 gallons (12 in the tank)
At the 1/4 full line you have used 13 gallons (8 in the tank)
At the Light activation you have used 17 gallons (4 in the tank)
At the E line you have used 18 gallons (3 in the tank).
Old 03-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
vjherrera will become famous soon enoughvjherrera will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Structural Mechanic (AM1)
Name: Vince
vjherrera's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info guys, still use to my titan that had an 8 gallon reserve when light when off