Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Lifting problem

Old 03-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
NickH92 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
NickH92's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting problem

I'm in the process of installing a 2.5" spacer lift on my truck and when I bolt the top part of the shock the bottom part doesnt line up with my strut bolt hole. Is there any way to spin the yellow portion of the shock to line up?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickH92 View Post
I'm in the process of installing a 2.5" spacer lift on my truck and when I bolt the top part of the shock the bottom part doesnt line up with my strut bolt hole. Is there any way to spin the yellow portion of the shock to line up?
I can't remember for sure but I thought it free spun already... Maybe you just need to give it a little more force to turn it.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Pic of the whole assembly? Might need to be lined up a little.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
with an assembled strut it is hard to turn, especially after all the preloading from spacer. now that im thinking about it, if your lower collar is welded to the shock body, maybe not as both it and the top-plate are indexed to the coil. if that is the case it will indeed be very very hard to turn. . . . . .right?

my only experience with this was on my 5100s, where the lower collar can spin on the shock body. it was difficult to turn, but not too hard with a spud in the lower eye and hand pressure on the coil