LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Please help!

Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Kylesyota675 is on a distinguished road
Kylesyota675's Tacoma Gallery
Please help!

So about a week ago I did a rear diff seal on my 07 taco 4x4 with e-locker. Everything worked out great other than when I put the truck into 4lo the locker won't engage and the abs light turns on. I have no clue what to do but I really dont want to take it to the dealership. Any advice?
Old 03-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Go back through what you did during the service. Check and make sure that you did not accidentally forget something. Then check the fuse for the E-locker. Lets go from there..
Old 03-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
What is a rear diff seal exactly?

3rd member to housing? pinion seal? What did you unplug and or remove?

I'd check your e-locker motor connectors.

In 4 low the ABS light should come on anyway, no? As 4 low disengages ABS.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Kylesyota675 is on a distinguished road
Kylesyota675's Tacoma Gallery
3rd member to housing seal..I removed the third member and unpluggged and removed locker. Ive checked to make sure everything was back the way I took it off and 95% sure it is. I'll check the fuse and I'll triple check everything that I did. Should I try cleaning the locker plugs with electrical cleaner?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylesyota675 View Post
3rd member to housing seal..I removed the third member and unpluggged and removed locker. Ive checked to make sure everything was back the way I took it off and 95% sure it is. I'll check the fuse and I'll triple check everything that I did. Should I try cleaning the locker plugs with electrical cleaner?
Since you can not remove third with out having locker in locked position. did you remove locker itself from third member? if yes, did you put back into locked position?