Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Short throw or Scanguage

Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
Short throw or Scanguage

I have a little money to burn. I can do one or the other, which one will I likely enjoy more until I can afford the other one, URD's short throw shifter or a Scanguage II?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

X2
Old 02-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I think both are great choices. I am going against the grain on this one though and voting for the short throw shifter. Considering the crap feel of the stock Toyota shifter, this is something that will reward you each and every time you shift your truck. Although there is no doubt the Scangauge is a very useful tool, and definitely a big bang for your buck, the short throw shifter would be priority #1 in my book.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 AM   #5
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Personally, I think both are great choices. I am going against the grain on this one though and voting for the short throw shifter. Considering the crap feel of the stock Toyota shifter, this is something that will reward you each and every time you shift your truck. Although there is no doubt the Scangauge is a very useful tool, and definitely a big bang for your buck, the short throw shifter would be priority #1 in my book.

Just my 2 cents.
For the same reasons said here. Short shifter!!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
x3

Scanguage and Short Throw, both worth the money. Scanguage however, after running it for a while, is just another Gauge. I basically only need it to see how things are running when I install new Mods, ie Intake etc...
It helps with Temps, and testing fuel milage.

With the Short throw, you will always appreciate, the crisp precise shifts it provides. To me, Toyota should have made it this way from the factory. It's an easy install, had mine on for about10ish months, no problem since, except when I drop it off for service or something, and the scrawny tech cant get it into to reverse

You will enjoy both, but for an improved upgrade you will notice imediately, go URD.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Another vote for the Short throw.
I agree my Scangauge is nice but now only use to monitor now & drive automatic. If I had to shift each & every time knowing what the scangauge does for me in hindsight I would buy the short throw. You get what I mean I hope.
Happy shopping.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Short throw. I cut mine down along with a URD. I am very pleased.