Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Quick Change Oil Pan Valves

Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
scottg918514 is on a distinguished road
scottg918514's Tacoma Gallery
Quick Change Oil Pan Valves

Any one using those brass valve replacements for their oil pan plug. I do the maintanence on 4 vehicle (well 1 is a boat, so it won't help there). So, looking for any convenience feature.

If you have used or are using one, I'd like to know what you think. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Fumoto valve works perfectly. Haven't heard anything on the other brands like Dorman.

I'd use it only if the oil filter installation is no-mess like the Taco's, though. Otherwise you'd still get oil running down your hand.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The Fumoto valve works perfectly. Haven't heard anything on the other brands like Dorman.

I'd use it only if the oil filter installation is no-mess like the Taco's, though. Otherwise you'd still get oil running down your hand.
Agreed, oil filters, underneath engine are a pain, well messy at least.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
I tried a cheap-o one from Advance Auto Parts and it leaked on me right away. My own fault, I guess. Ordered a Fumoto the next day. When I change my oil next (probably a month or so) I'll put in the Fumoto.

Short story; don't buy a cheap one at the store, buy a Fumoto. Waste of time messing with the cheap one, and not worth the hassle.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
AK2NM is on a distinguished road

AK2NM's Tacoma Gallery
Fumoto

I use the Fumoto valve on all of my vehicles and they work great. Definitely recommend them.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
I tried a cheap-o one from Advance Auto Parts and it leaked on me right away. My own fault, I guess. Ordered a Fumoto the next day. When I change my oil next (probably a month or so) I'll put in the Fumoto.

Short story; don't buy a cheap one at the store, buy a Fumoto. Waste of time messing with the cheap one, and not worth the hassle.
Just put order in for 3 Fumotos. 1 for Tacoma, 1 for my daughters Fiesta and 1 for the wife's Mustang.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #7
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Been using fumoto for years.
Never a problem.
My wife even went off-road into a ditch, hit the undercarriage, but no leaks.
They do make a additional clamp available for off-road use.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
Professional Grease Monkey
JustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Maintenance
Name: J
JustAddMud's Tacoma Gallery
Head to your local parts store and grab a 5/8 hose clamp. They sell one for a buck on their site but buying local is convenient.

-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Man Marty View Post
They do make a additional clamp available for off-road use.