1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Starting Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by CCCSOCOP, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mar 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    CCCSOCOP

CCCSOCOP [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RON
    CALIFORNIA
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA X-RUNNER
    XENON HEADLIGHTS, TINTED WINDOWS, BILLIT GRILL, TRAILER HITCH
    My 06 X-Runner is starting to give me problems starting.:( Sometimes when going to startup it will do nothing at all, othertimes I can hear a little "clicking" noise.:confused: It can happen after driving it for sometime or ocassionally at first start up. I will relaease and deprees the clutch and also cycle the ignition off/on several times before it will finally start.:D Then there are times that it will crank over for about 20 seconds or so before it finally starts up (al molst like it's getting no gas).:eek: It is starting to happen more frequently but not all too often yet. Could it be some type of a limit switch not depressed or computor problem or maybe even a starter issue? Any suggestions are appreciated. I hate to take it to the shop for diagnostics.:mad:

2. Aug 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    ornament truck

ornament truck New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ellen
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    trd off road sr5
    I have this exact problem. Does anyone have an answer? At first I thought it was a worn key...but now I am using a newer key and it still happens. I had it in twice to be checked and they have found nothing wrong and, of course, it starts every time for the mechanic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top