Notices

My fiances stupid cousin

Old 03-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Bisop is on a distinguished road

Navy: Machinist mate
Name: Andrew
Bisop's Tacoma Gallery
My fiances stupid cousin

So my fiancé has a 97' Mitsubishi eclipse gls manual. About 2 weeks ago her brother left her door open and killed the battery. After taking it to auto zone to get it charged it was completely dead and wouldn't hold a charge. Now getting to her stupid cousin. I bought her a new battery and her cousin said she would put it in while I was at work. Anyway she put it in backwards. I unhooked it as soon as I got home and hooked it up right. Now the headlights stay on even without the keys in and the battery light is lit on the dash. It starts and idles fine though. Help!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
look for some kind of blown fuse or burnt wires. I don't know exactly what is wrong, but something had to of shorted out or some fuse blown due to the battery being connected in reverse.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #4

Bisop's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks anyway. Fuck :/
Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #5

Bisop's Tacoma Gallery
I checked the fuses ad they looked fine. Maybe a short somewhere. I'm just pissed I have to spend my bilstien 5100 fund on getting her car looked at.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisop View Post
I checked the fuses ad they looked fine. Maybe a short somewhere. I'm just pissed I have to spend my bilstien 5100 fund on getting her car looked at.
Did you check for continuity on each fuse? They can look deceiving sometimes.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #8

Bisop's Tacoma Gallery
I'll do that in the morning when it's not so dark. I hope the headlights are the only thing fried.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
I'd try replacing the headlight relay first. Next thing I'd check is the regulator on the alternator.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
Vstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVstrom30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Vstrom30's Tacoma Gallery
You need to check the bus fuses, they are bigger than the others. The batt light may be on because the alternator main bus fuses are the first to go when reverse voltage is applied. These are usually held in with small screws/bolts and they can be challenging to replace.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
d9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud ofd9lowe has much to be proud of

d9lowe's Tacoma Gallery
Let me answer your question with a question. Why did you let a female install the battery that obviously has no knowledge of how to put one in?