Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Sudden HUGE decreases in MPG, 14.5 to 7.5

Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Man Marty View Post
This sounds like a cat issue to me too.
A good indication is really poor mpg and loss of power.
The power loss symptom is sometimes hard to determine.
If you have a light truck with good hp it may not show up easily.
One way to determine real power loss is to load the truck up, and hit a long steep grade. If u are depressing the gas and downshifting way too much, this is strike one.
The easy no high tech tool test before pulling cat is to remove the o2 sensor before the cat, tie it up, and hit the hill again. If u run right up the hill, strike 2.
Final test, pull the exhaust and look at the inside! It usually shows broken or chunked up pieces. Strike 3.
Time to post on TW for a used cat, hit the junkyard, or buy a new high proformance cat.
Good luck.
As far as I can tell I havent noticed any loss in power, but I'll give it a try tomorrow.

thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #22
Mad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMad Man Marty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Marty
Mad Man Marty's Tacoma Gallery
Really bad mpg

Update?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #23
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Man Marty View Post
Update?
Sorry for the lack of updating, I haven't noticed any lost power but I pulled the sensor anyway to test, I didn't notice any change. I haven't been able to pull a cat off yet but I will soon. MPGs is sitting at 13 ish now.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #24

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I Was Finally able To Pull The Cat. looks Fine To Me I Guess

Old 07-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, you shoulda bought a Dodge Hemi V8 pickup.
Big and ugly, but they supposedly get 14/20 mpg
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #26

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I Was Under The Impression I Was Getting a Truck That Got Somewhat Decent MPGs, At Least With A V8 I Would Have Some Decent Power.