Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Little long to crank over...

Old 02-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
mcohn16 is on a distinguished road
mcohn16's Tacoma Gallery
Little long to crank over...

Anyone else have this problem?

My truck is only 2 months old and a few times it has taken a bit longer to crank over that a new truck should. Yesterday, it took a suspensful 4-5 seconds before finally catching.

Should I pay my dealer a visit?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Sure, it's still under warranty, let them deal with the problem.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Time it with a stop watch or something. It may seem like 5 or so seconds, when it could actually be around 2 or so. The ECU wont let the engine fire up until a set oil psi is reached. BUT, that being said, if it seems to take longer than normal, it never hurts to have the dealer look at it.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Try this....I thought I had a problem too. I out the key in the ignition, turn it to on (not start) and give it a second or two. Then crank it over and mine starts right up. This pause happens to me overnight or when it's been 8 hours'ish since I ran it last. If it sits to long there is a fuel system evac that works and knocks the pressure off fuel system. You might hear it every so often if your out by your truck and it's not running. Sounds like a faint hum or buzz. I've ran around swatting imaginary bees thinking there was swarm 'cause of the buzzes. The neighbors keep their distance now.

In my big truck at work (Kenworth) you have to put the key to on and wait for a few beats and let the 'puter and the ABS run it's checks. If you jump right in and try to crank it over........I'll crank till you kill the batteries.

I don't know if this is a Toyota thing but in my Yaris, you could turn the key to start and let go of the key, it would snap back to on but the car would keep cranking till it fired off. I thought that was broke too but it's a designed feature.

Little long to crank over...-000_0033.jpg Precious and Precious II