Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Found disconnected wire

Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
factory909 is on a distinguished road
factory909's Tacoma Gallery
Found disconnected wire

I was changing the cabin filter today and when I pulled the glove box down, I found this gray wire disconnected. Is there a wire guide somewhere that I can look at on the Internet?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
That doesn't look OEM. Did you get the truck used?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Any better pics?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
Yes I bought it used. 2007 AC 4x4 v6. Love the truck, just now getting to start going over things, and this was the first thing I've come across. I'll snap a better pic in here a bit.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #5

I'm going to bring my tester home from work tomorrow and see what kind of voltage it is putting out. Looks like the guy had two antennas mounted in the bed, so maybe he had his cb hooked up to it.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the "grey wire mod" wire?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Thin Blue Line

Its still blurry, but it does kinda resemble an antenna wire. Maybe he just cut it instead of uninstalling it
Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Don't touch it!!! It's the wire for self destruct sequence!!

Doesn't look OEM - have you tried to trace it??

Only one wire?? Seems odd to have one wire without ...say...a ground to go along with it.