Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Battery Question

Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Rickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of lightRickochet is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Pilot
Name: Rick
Rickochet's Tacoma Gallery
Battery Question

I will have had my '09 Taco 5 years in October. It still has the original battery in it. I has never failed to start but on the first cold start in the morning it seems to drag just a tad but ok the rest of the day.

I am considering going ahead and changing it out and not wait until is leaves me stuck some where. I don't recall the posted battery life. Am I being overlly concerned? An option is carrying around my jumpstart unit and let it go until it dies. My dealership checks the battery at each oil change and has not mentioned any issues.

I recently recieved a coupon from my dealer for a replacement battery. It doesn't give any specs and only says it is a TrueStart high reserve capacity with an 84 month warranty. Anyone know anything about this battery or would I do as well going to a parts store and getting one of theirs. The dealer wants $89.99 for that battery. I haven'g bought a battery in years so I don't have a clue what current prices are.

Any input would be appreciated.

Rick
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
North & South
ADKer is on a distinguished road

Name: ADKer
ADKer's Tacoma Gallery
You're correct, 5 years is pushing the time for a battery change.

Primary (or only) battery is NO place to skimp. Save a few bucks elsewhere.

I have nothing to gain, but Interstate batteries are always, always rated at or near the top of any comparison I have seen. Get a honker (largest CCA rating that will fit your vehicle).

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
The average Battery Life Expectancy map is at the beginning of Section 7 in the Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ on www.batteryfaq.org. For replacement battery buying tips, please see Section 7.8.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery