Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

I WANT LOW PROFILE ROCK SLIDERS???

Old 03-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
whoward85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Lee
whoward85's Tacoma Gallery
I WANT LOW PROFILE ROCK SLIDERS???

Does anybody know of a real low profile rock slider(bolt on)
Old 03-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Low profile in what sense?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
X2 are we talking tucked into the body or low to the ground?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Low profile like tucked up close to the body? There are several vendors on here. I'm sure you could contact them and have a set made.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
brownc9 is on a distinguished road
brownc9's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the stock Rubicon sliders, very low profile, effective. Bolt up right under the edge of the body. Anybody got anything like that?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
X2 are we talking tucked into the body or low to the ground?
Low to the ground would be bitchin'. They would keep those pesky rocks from running under ones truck.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
I undersatnd the op but i can see an issue with the situation. the sliders would only protect from rocks under the truck and not beside because the doors stick out more above the base of the door. That would also prevent the use of a hi-lift
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #8

Like tuck to the body i dont like the way some stick way out i want a rock slider not a step bar? Any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Call a local fab shop and check out some work they have done. If they are good then have them make a set to your specific liking. Thats what I did.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoward85 View Post
Like tuck to the body i dont like the way some stick way out i want a rock slider not a step bar? Any suggestions?
That was always one of my daily driver complaints about my Stubbs Welding sliders. They stuck out enough to protect the sides of the truck, but I always had dirt on the back of my lower pant legs at work from getting out of the truck.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Call a local fab shop and check out some work they have done. If they are good then have them make a set to your specific liking. Thats what I did.
^This^ Or find a traveling welder (a guy whose job is to come to you for the job) and get him to do what you want.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #12

Custom work is always more expensive haha. I was trying to figure out if anybody already made a set like that or if they had to be custom made? Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine done cheaper than any made from a bigger company.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #14
MOλΩN λABE

xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Custom work is always more expensive haha. I was trying to figure out if anybody already made a set like that or if they had to be custom made? Thanks for all the feedback guys!
I've never seen them from a vendor on here. But always keep a lookout i guess
Old 03-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I bet Jerry (jlee) could make you a set of his with shorter square tubing, pm him.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
My Avid sliders don't stick out beyond my tires. (my wheels have 4.5'' backspacing, so a little wider than the other OEM wheels) If you want bolt-on, the Avids only bolt onto the factory running board mounts, not the frame, so they are really just for looks. I really recommend weld-ons.

Matt
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #17
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can tuck them in as far as you want for no extra charge.