Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

having trouble taking out headlight

Old 02-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
hirshy30 is on a distinguished road

Name: MATT
hirshy30's Tacoma Gallery
having trouble taking out headlight

when u are going at the last pain in the ass bolt, i am having trouble getting it off. Does it come completely off? i got the grey screw thing off but the black screw has no grooves on the ffront and i cannot get it off. any tips and ideas? thanks.

also could u just saw the great arm that went down to the bolt since u are not putting that bolt back on and the arm wouldnt be doing anything????
Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Dang I did this a while back but I remembered to tah it was kind of a pain in the butt!!! ARGHH!!! Let me go out and look real quick. I know for sure you have to take the front grill off.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Dang I did this a while back but I remembered to tah it was kind of a pain in the butt!!! ARGHH!!! Let me go out and look real quick. I know for sure you have to take the front grill off.
ya i know that i already took it off... i just need to take the headlight out.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirshy30 View Post
ya i know that i already took it off... i just need to take the headlight out.
Crap, I can't tell just by looking at it!!! I know you had to use some brute force though to get it out. I think it was held in by a clip. Just give it a good yank!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
if i remember right 4 bolts hold it in
Old 02-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
if i remember right 4 bolts hold it in
Yeah you could be right. I totally forgot how me and my friend got ours lights to come off.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
two up top one that is under the top of the bumber cover
and one you have to get from under the truck
Old 02-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
two up top one that is under the top of the bumber cover
and one you have to get from under the truck
Well there you go hirshey30! Now go get it out! Hold on, why are you taking it out anyways? BHLM?
Old 02-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Well there you go hirshey30! Now go get it out! Hold on, why are you taking it out anyways? BHLM?
smokin them
Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirshy30 View Post
smokin them
Oh okay, sweet. Make sure to post pics when your done!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #11

all done!! looks sick.. ill go get some pics now!