Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

For those with After market UCA's (Camburg, TC, All Pro)

Old 10-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
trd sport is on a distinguished road
trd sport's Tacoma Gallery
So Chris4x4, are you saying to use a petroleum base grease for the upper bushings (red on totalchaos) before the installation of the long bolt and the dry lube only on the uniball?
Old 10-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd sport View Post
So Chris4x4, are you saying to use a petroleum base grease for the upper bushings (red on totalchaos) before the installation of the long bolt and the dry lube only on the uniball?
Use the recomended Grease. I have had good luck with the Mobil 1 synthetic grease. Use only a dry teflon lube on the Uniball.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I'm glad this resurfaced! I did use mobil 1 red synthetic grease when I assembled my bushings (still need to pump some in through the zerks) but I did nothing to the ball joints. Can this dry teflon lube wait awhile?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #24
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Chris4x4!!! What lube did you use on mine???
Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #25
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
Uh oh no answer. must be bad.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #26
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
Uh oh no answer. must be bad.
I didnt see this. I used a Dry spray lube made by CRC, iirc.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #27

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
you the man!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #28

Quote:
you the man!
Are your UCA's still nice and quiet?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #29
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Squeeks are coming back, this time from the uniball I think. I dont have to take anything off the truck to lube the uniball right? Just drop the stuff right in after I spray it down with some water and get the surface dirt particles off?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Squeeks are coming back, this time from the uniball I think. I dont have to take anything off the truck to lube the uniball right? Just drop the stuff right in after I spray it down with some water and get the surface dirt particles off?
Make sure its from the uniball. SPray them off, and spray a liberal amount of teflon dry lube on the top.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #31
knickerbocker is on a distinguished road

knickerbocker's Tacoma Gallery
crappy.

i wish i had seen this about 10 months ago. i got my tc ucs's used and i don't know what the guy before me did, but when i put them on my truck people on here were saying any ol' spray lube works great. so i've done that five or six times in the last 8 or 10 months. so is the damage done? how do i know when they're totally gone? should i do anything before i switch to dry lube, like try to "flush" the uniballs out or anything? also, is the cup replaceable if it does get ruined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Loosen the UCA bolt. Its the long one that attaches the UCA to the frame. After the UCA bolt is loose (do not remove the nut), pump some grease into the bushing. both sides. Then, Tighten the bolt to 90 lb-ft. Do the same for the other side, and see if that fixes the squeak.
does this address the same thing as pumping grease in the zerks? where "in the bushing" should i be pumping grease? thanks.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #32
stillar is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
stillar's Tacoma Gallery
Should I use dry lube on Built right UCAs as well
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickerbocker View Post
i wish i had seen this about 10 months ago. i got my tc ucs's used and i don't know what the guy before me did, but when i put them on my truck people on here were saying any ol' spray lube works great. so i've done that five or six times in the last 8 or 10 months. so is the damage done? how do i know when they're totally gone? should i do anything before i switch to dry lube, like try to "flush" the uniballs out or anything? also, is the cup replaceable if it does get ruined?

does this address the same thing as pumping grease in the zerks? where "in the bushing" should i be pumping grease? thanks.
You should have grease zerks. And if the uniballs are worn, they will be loose. If they are, you can replace them. Wheelers off road sells rebuild kits for the TC UCA's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillar View Post
Should I use dry lube on Built right UCAs as well
Yes.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #34
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
So, you are saying that liquid lube will hurt your balls.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
So, you are saying that liquid lube will hurt your balls.
Yes.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #36
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Yes.
Warning duly noted.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #37
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
What about icon uca's? Thx
Old 06-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #38
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
All the uniball UCAs should receive only dry lube on the uniball. Icon, TC, Built Right, whatever.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #39
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
And if you want the absolute best uniball bearings, look up Kamatics PN KR16-CN (1.00") or KR20-CN (1.25"). They replace the teflon-impregnated cloth liner with an injected polymer liner.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #40
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
@ Ken. thx for the input. What would you recommend to clean up the grease after the fact. I just installed my Icon UCA setup an put very little grease coating on the uni-balls. I'd like to get it cleaned up and spray with a dry-lube. Thx