LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

For those with After market UCA's (Camburg, TC, All Pro)

Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #41
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
When you have time, unbolt the UCA from the spindle. Manipulate the uniball through it's full range of misalignment and use a clean cloth to wipe off the grease. Do not use solvent as it could be bad for the PTFE liner.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #42
Mytaco09 has a spectacular aura aboutMytaco09 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Steve
Mytaco09's Tacoma Gallery
@KenLyns

Hi, i'm not in need now but for future reference and while this thread is still fresh I just want to pick your brain. That's good info on the Kamatics PN KR16-CN 1" uni-balls and just want to know all you know about them. I have a set of DownSouth Motorsports Desert Products boxed UCA's with 1" uni-balls; are you saying that the "PN KR16-CN" are for sure what I need/what fits all the aftermarket UCA's?

Also, I'm in Alberta, Canada so winter roads mean salt and all that good stuff, are these all stainless steel? I believe some of the uni-balls out there are chrome lined or something and are prone to pitting.

And I guess while I have your attention,lol, I might as well ask if you know what 1 of these, or a set of these is approximately worth?

Thanks for your time, Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
And if you want the absolute best uniball bearings, look up Kamatics PN KR16-CN (1.00") or KR20-CN (1.25"). They replace the teflon-impregnated cloth liner with an injected polymer liner.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #43
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for future reference!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #45
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I'd be using, personally.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #46
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd