Notices

OEM Battery Life

View Poll Results: 7 Year Old OEM Battery Replacement
Replace now as a precaution. 21 41.18%
Run it until it dies. 30 58.82%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2013, 04:10 AM   #61
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree View Post
Before you disconnected your heated mirrors, were they wired so they were operational with the key off? If so, were they an add-on or from the Toyota factory wired that way?
Always on, with a switch. They were add-ons.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #62
showpare is on a distinguished road

showpare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by showpare View Post
You are running on borrowed time, unless you like waking in cold weather. It will die when you won’t have time to screw with it. Change it now at your convenience.
Took my own advice last weekend after seeing that my battery was original equipment. Replaced after a test. 400 CCA and sagging voltage.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #63
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Always on, with a switch. They were add-ons.
Thanks. I wonder how much current that added to the truck's OEM parasitic load and the battery's self discharge?