LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Mounting a shovel to the side of the bed?

Old 04-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
fallon is on a distinguished road
fallon's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting a shovel to the side of the bed?

Anybody have any good products or tricks for mounting a shovel to the side of the bed?

I was thinking about some beefy broom or lawn tool type brackets with a spring loaded clamp or something, but haven't been able to find any.

My current thought is to mount 2 hooks then screw 1 end of a bungee cord or strap above the hook & put a anchor or eye hook below & attach a hook on the end of the bungee/strap to keep it bouncing out. The front of the bed is looking the easiest as I can access the other side between the cab & bed to mess with bolts.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
There's a product that is called "quick fists"
I think.
Everyone and their mother has some on TW. they use it to mount a maglight next to the drivers seat, mount shovels and axes...

Edit: (I think?) I've read that Lowe's carries them.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
fallon's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty much what I was thinking of, thanks for the name. Photo #3 on http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Fist-100...dp/B000CQPANY/ is exactly what I was planning on (doing already have that same sized shovel).

Good chance I'll go the kit though, those look handy http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Fist-900...dp/B006YU8IX6/
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldnt someone steal that in like a minute?
Or use it to break your window and take stuff?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
fallon's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a Harbor Freight bed bar in the back to keep stuff from sliding around for a couple of years now, no issues with it getting stolen, about the same value as a shovel.

It would be just as easy to use a rock to knock out a window as a shovel. If somebody is going to break in, they are going to break in, a shovel in the back isn't going to make any significant difference.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
anamorphic is on a distinguished road
anamorphic's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-axe-etc.html
Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
iJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of lightiJDub is a glorious beacon of light
iJDub's Tacoma Gallery
All you need is an E-Tool