Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Disconnecting Negative Battery Terminals

Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
poison is on a distinguished road
Name: Keith
poison's Tacoma Gallery
Disconnecting Negative Battery Terminals

Thought I'd post this up in case it helps anyone else out....

I just got through installing a dual battery system and noticed that with all the extra wiring and the two batteries' negative poles being connected to each other, it's pretty hard to get the negative terminals to stay disconnected. I was working on something when the memory of the wires pulled the cables right back on and caught a good little spark.

So, anyway, this is what I came up with. I thought it was pretty clever. It's two racquet balls that I drilled 3/4" holes in with a Forstner bit.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Good idea there thinking out of the box!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea!!!