Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

how many miles for code to reappear?

Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
how many miles for code to reappear?

I searched for this but came up empty handed. I had a few lights on the dash yesterday... check engine/slip indicator were solid and VSC was flashing. After getting the codes i figured it was the gas cap and had the codes cleared after re-tightening the cap. Anyway, my question is if it wasn't the cap and actually another problem how long would it take for the lights to re-appear on the dash? I heard after 32 miles of driving if they don't come back on your good to go... is this true?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I searched for this but came up empty handed. I had a few lights on the dash yesterday... check engine/slip indicator were solid and VSC was flashing. After getting the codes i figured it was the gas cap and had the codes cleared after re-tightening the cap. Anyway, my question is if it wasn't the cap and actually another problem how long would it take for the lights to re-appear on the dash? I heard after 32 miles of driving if they don't come back on your good to go... is this true?
All depends on the code and the trip monitor logic . Sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes a day. Mileage in some cases has no bearing.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Certain criteria has to be met. Coolant temp, rpm......every DTC has its own parameters before PCM trigger codes