1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stalling of 2013 Tacoma limited

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Larry wall, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Apr 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    Larry wall

Larry wall [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Paradise, nl
    Vehicle:
    2013 limited Tacoma
    I brought a new Tacoma 2013. Right now it's only has 1348 Km's on it. In another tread I posted that I got two codes come up ( trac and engine lights stay on) I was told it happens when there is an issue with something as simple as a gas cap loose. Ok I can understand that. What I don't understand is that the truck. Would start the best kind and idle with no issue but soon as it went in gear it would either go 5 ft or 15 Km's before it would stall. I filled up with regular gas and had about 1/2 tank gone before this started. I was breaking in the vehicle at the time ( not keeping the same speed for any period of time). I have had the new truck less than a week and had to get towed to the shop. Not a good start. Any ideas of what it could be. Is there an issue with this in the Tacoma. This is the first Toyota I have every had. I trade In a 2010 ford. Not sure if I made the right move

2. Apr 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    Larry wall

Larry wall [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Paradise, nl
    Vehicle:
    2013 limited Tacoma
    If it was water in the gas. Would it not be rough/stall while idling? While waiting for the tow truck(3 1/2 hrs) I had the trucking idling to keep warm. No issue with that.

3. Apr 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    Larry wall

Larry wall [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Paradise, nl
    Vehicle:
    2013 limited Tacoma
    Hi all.
    Got word this morning that it was something other than gas in the tank. Looks like diesel mixture. I got out my receipt for the last time I tanked up. It says $70 dollars worth of regular gas. Now I have to go after the gas station. It cost $500 to get the gas tank dropped, the tank cleaned out , lines clean. Plus $25 of clean gas and a test drive. They saved two bottles of the gas/diesel for me to go after the gas company. What a pain in the ass. I now have to go over 400 Km's to get the truck back

4. Apr 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Happened to my gramps. He had to sue the gas station for all the work he had done to his truck, missing work, court and lawyer fees but he got all his money back.

5. Apr 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    I have had 3 vehicles come in the last 2 months with this issue. One had diesel, one had water, and one had stuff I have no clue what combination it was. Makes for a very expensive repair. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

6. Apr 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    If you ask. You don't know me very well!
    Mesa, AZ to NM to OK to UT back to Mesa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD OR 4x4 DCSB (aka Clifford the Big Red Truck)
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    That sucks.

It makes me think of what if someone wants to go randomly pouring water or something else into gas tanks just to reek havoc. I am seriously considering getting a locking gas cap.

Products Discussed in

To Top