Notices

Stalling of 2013 Tacoma limited

Old 04-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Larry wall is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army: 1 RNFLD
Name: Larry
Larry wall's Tacoma Gallery
Stalling of 2013 Tacoma limited

I brought a new Tacoma 2013. Right now it's only has 1348 Km's on it. In another tread I posted that I got two codes come up ( trac and engine lights stay on) I was told it happens when there is an issue with something as simple as a gas cap loose. Ok I can understand that. What I don't understand is that the truck. Would start the best kind and idle with no issue but soon as it went in gear it would either go 5 ft or 15 Km's before it would stall. I filled up with regular gas and had about 1/2 tank gone before this started. I was breaking in the vehicle at the time ( not keeping the same speed for any period of time). I have had the new truck less than a week and had to get towed to the shop. Not a good start. Any ideas of what it could be. Is there an issue with this in the Tacoma. This is the first Toyota I have every had. I trade In a 2010 ford. Not sure if I made the right move
Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Water in gas ?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
If it was water in the gas. Would it not be rough/stall while idling? While waiting for the tow truck(3 1/2 hrs) I had the trucking idling to keep warm. No issue with that.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Diesel in gas tank

Hi all.
Got word this morning that it was something other than gas in the tank. Looks like diesel mixture. I got out my receipt for the last time I tanked up. It says $70 dollars worth of regular gas. Now I have to go after the gas station. It cost $500 to get the gas tank dropped, the tank cleaned out , lines clean. Plus $25 of clean gas and a test drive. They saved two bottles of the gas/diesel for me to go after the gas company. What a pain in the ass. I now have to go over 400 Km's to get the truck back
Old 04-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry wall View Post
Hi all.
Got word this morning that it was something other than gas in the tank. Looks like diesel mixture. I got out my receipt for the last time I tanked up. It says $70 dollars worth of regular gas. Now I have to go after the gas station. It cost $500 to get the gas tank dropped, the tank cleaned out , lines clean. Plus $25 of clean gas and a test drive. They saved two bottles of the gas/diesel for me to go after the gas company. What a pain in the ass. I now have to go over 400 Km's to get the truck back
Old 04-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry wall View Post
Hi all.
Happened to my gramps. He had to sue the gas station for all the work he had done to his truck, missing work, court and lawyer fees but he got all his money back.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
I have had 3 vehicles come in the last 2 months with this issue. One had diesel, one had water, and one had stuff I have no clue what combination it was. Makes for a very expensive repair. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks.

It makes me think of what if someone wants to go randomly pouring water or something else into gas tanks just to reek havoc. I am seriously considering getting a locking gas cap.