Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

ABS Sensor Wire

Old 02-18-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
matt_06trdtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt_06trdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
ABS Sensor Wire

A friend borrowed my truck this past weekend and managed to damage the rear ABS sensor wire, so now the ABS warning light and brake system warning light are constantly on while driving.

Can I simply splice the wire back together and insulate with some heat shrink or should I have the entire wire assembly replaced?

If it can be spliced back together, will the ABS warning light stay on and have to be reset with a code reader?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Matt
Old 02-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Are you out of warranty?

How did you friend damage the ABS sensor wire?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Splice it back together and see what happens. I'd disconnect the battery first in case you blow a fuse or something somewhere while you're splicing it. Obviously, if there's more than one wire - make damn sure you're connecting the proper wires together.

I'd use solder for a good splice and cover it up good with heat shrink.

If you disconnect the battery while you're working on it, that might actually reset the light.

Good Luck

I've spliced O2 sensor wires in the past without any problems.