LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Rear Locker How Quick

Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
jsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jsi's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Locker How Quick

Hey I'm in the market for a used Tacoma and last weekend I took one with the TRD option package for a test drive. In an empty parking lot I locked the rear locker while in 4 low. It took what seemed like a long time for it to engage. When I unlocked the rear it took even longer to disengage. I'm used to the ARB in my Jeep that locks and unlocks immediately, so is it normal for it to take a long time to lock and unlock?

I really liked the truck, but the locker speed concerned me. I don't want to by a problem, if you know what I mean. But, if slow is normal, I can live with it.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
If your drive straight it will take a bit to engage but if you lock it and turn your steering wheel either to the right or left while moving slowly or even stopped it will lock right away .
Old 04-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
It only takes a few seconds when everything is lined up. If you have a little slip in one wheel, it will wait until its aligned. It spring loaded. I would be to concerned about it. It will lock faster the more you use it too. There are gears and grease involved. Gotta use em to keep em workin.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
jsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jsi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies. I decided to pass on that specific truck, the hunt continues!