Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Slider Finish

View Poll Results: What's your slider finish?
rattle can 31 30.10%
powder coat 12 11.65%
bed liner finish 31 30.10%
I don't have sliders but I want some 27 26.21%
What's a slider? 2 1.94%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #41
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Most of my stuff (rack, bumpers, wheels, sliders, etc) is Rustoleum Satin. I use the spray, although I will get a small can of brush when I touch up my rack. I'm not sure what differences there are when it comes to appearance.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #42
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post
Most of my stuff (rack, bumpers, wheels, sliders, etc) is Rustoleum Satin. I use the spray, although I will get a small can of brush when I touch up my rack. I'm not sure what differences there are when it comes to appearance.
But performance wise are they both the same?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #43
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
But performance wise are they both the same?
Yeah I'm not sure about any differences since I haven't used the brush-on yet. I've used rustoleum gloss black brush-on with fencing before, and it seemed thicker than a spray would be, but I cannot answer your question for sure.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #44
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
I used the rustoleum spray on bedliner stuff for my front bumper and sliders. Decent grip and easy to touch up. Bought it at Autozone.

Link for reference
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=367
hands down the best option for sliders it's easy to touch up and has a nice grip and looks awesome! i just painted my new frame with it. Just be careful it sprays fast and it will run if you don't keep up with it. I like to do a few tack coats first don't lay it on all in one coat you will be sorry.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #45
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Rustoleum bed liner is tough, takes little to no prep, and is easy to touch up. It kind of forms itself back in with the rest of the bed liner when touching up, or at least that's from my experience on other parts.
im doing the same thing with my sliders. i already sprayed most of my brush guard with the rustoleum spray liner, and its awesome.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #46
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im doing the same thing with my sliders. i already sprayed most of my brush guard with the rustoleum spray liner, and its awesome.
I have it on my sliders and it holds up well. The only time it comes of is when it actually scrapes across rocks.

I use them as steps into the truck and into the bed as well and they hold up great to that.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #47
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
ended up using rustoliem brush on on the sliders, the spray where it attached to the frame, and then spraying the top with rustoliem bedliner for grip..... Seems pretty study and easy to touch up!