1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

places to mount diff breather...

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Jeffvt0508, May 2, 2013.

1. May 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    Jeffvt0508

Jeffvt0508 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4x4 trd offroad
    Ome 887s, dakars, lr uca,sliders, konig countersteer,
    So I searched and searched and found some guys had the diff breather in a bed box but most had it at the gas tank door... I was thinking about doing it at the gas tank door.. but started thinking... what if I accidently have gas over spill or the fumes affect it ... and the bed box area I always have stuff stored and afraid it would get knocked or broken.. so are there any other options? am I over thinking it?... my thought so far is to have it zip tied to the spare tire mount.. but just wanted to get your guys opinion and thoughts before doing this mod..

2. May 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    tacowagon

tacowagon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    Toytec/Eibach springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Light Racing UCA, AFE ProDry, Softopper
    Here's where I mounted mine. It's in the driver's side bed box and I don't think you will hurt it putting stuff in. Seems to be out of the way and with the gas cap area, you have to think every time you wash your truck, your spraying water at it. At least when your spraying that area. In the bed box up and back out of the way, the bed would have to fill up with a foot or so of water before every getting a chance to get in.

Any place besides the oem location is better though. Good luck with the install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  3. May 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    chipnoreo

chipnoreo Ready for snow!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anna
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Ram Eco Diesel
    Getting 30 mpg on the highway
    Put mine in the gas tank filler area. Mounted it above the fill tube so no spillage issues. Wouldnt think the fumes would be a problem but not sure about that...

Also seen it mounted behind the tail light housing.

Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top