Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

places to mount diff breather...

Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
places to mount diff breather...

So I searched and searched and found some guys had the diff breather in a bed box but most had it at the gas tank door... I was thinking about doing it at the gas tank door.. but started thinking... what if I accidently have gas over spill or the fumes affect it ... and the bed box area I always have stuff stored and afraid it would get knocked or broken.. so are there any other options? am I over thinking it?... my thought so far is to have it zip tied to the spare tire mount.. but just wanted to get your guys opinion and thoughts before doing this mod..
Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
tacowagon is on a distinguished road

tacowagon's Tacoma Gallery
Here's where I mounted mine. It's in the driver's side bed box and I don't think you will hurt it putting stuff in. Seems to be out of the way and with the gas cap area, you have to think every time you wash your truck, your spraying water at it. At least when your spraying that area. In the bed box up and back out of the way, the bed would have to fill up with a foot or so of water before every getting a chance to get in.

Any place besides the oem location is better though. Good luck with the install.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Put mine in the gas tank filler area. Mounted it above the fill tube so no spillage issues. Wouldnt think the fumes would be a problem but not sure about that...

Also seen it mounted behind the tail light housing.

Good luck!