Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Charging Light Issues, HELP

Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #21
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Electrical tape over the light
Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
Doublee is on a distinguished road
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
I am about to that point but having issues with DTRL. Some times they work and some times not. I have replaced Alt, belt fuses cleaned all grounds that I can find. Battery checks good and cables are clean and tight. I even replaced DTRL relay and harness. Getting over 13.8 amps running with lights and air cond. on. STILL have charging light on.............
Old 06-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #23
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
Dont know if this will help you or not but here is the charging circuit diagrams.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 76-77.pdf (32.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #24
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
And the troubleshooting section of the 05 FSM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 02400.pdf (185.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
This will be a great help, Thanks check back in and I will update post when I get this thing whipped.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #26
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
A charging indicator will turn off when there is an open on either side of the indicator or when both sides are the about the same voltage. If the indicator on, there is voltage on one side on the indicator and a ground or lower voltage on the other side. It is this voltage difference that causes current to flow and illuminate the indicator.

If you can monitor both sides of the indicator, that will help you find out what is creating the fault--voltage or ground from charging system or battery. It is most probably something that is common to both the DTRL and the charging indicator like a short to ground.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #27
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I have not checked are connections from neg. cable to inside of fuse box. I have worked for a couple hours trying to remove top panel to get to underside (inside) of box. I can remove entire box from truck but cannot dismantle top.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #28
Doublee's Tacoma Gallery
Fixed

FIXED !!!! Back to dealer today ( Diff. dealer) 5 hours later fixed 250.00. Found broken wire between Alt. and fuse box. Thanks for all the input. Still cant believe 95.00 dollar diagnostic fee covered two hours of looking. Very fair dealer.