Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Passive Keyless Entry System

Old 05-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Bluenik25 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nik
Bluenik25's Tacoma Gallery
Passive Keyless Entry System

Has anyone ever seen a Passive Keyless entry system installed on a Taco? Since my truck wont fit in my garage and I have to park outside I have been researching remote start systems and came across passive keyless entry with push button start. This intrigued me because my moms Lexus has a system like this so you dont ever have to take the key card thing out of you pocket. With the aftermarket systems it unlocks the doors when the key gets close to the vehicle and locks them when you walk away. When you get in the truck you just have to hit the start button to start it up. Since I have a cap on the bed I thought it would be cool to incorporate an electric Pop & Lock system for both the cap and tailgate with the PKE system.

I dont like carrying a ton of keys and think it would be awesome to never have to take it out of my wallet/pocket. What are your thoughts on this? Has it been done? I searched and did not find anything. I am not great at dealing with car electronics but I am capable enough to install a complicated head unit and wire up some accessories. What do you think this install would entail? I assume it would require some sort of interlock for the chipped key.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Painless Wiring makes a keyless system. You still have to carry a fob, but the keys are eliminated. I thought there was a "card" system out there, but I couldn't find it.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba353z View Post
Painless Wiring makes a keyless system. You still have to carry a fob, but the keys are eliminated. I thought there was a "card" system out there, but I couldn't find it.
The problem with the painless system is that you still have to use the fob to unlock the doors. I don't mind having a fob as opposed to a card but the only time I want to use it is for remote start. There are a couple systems with cards I have found. Digitalgaurddog has one and there are a few out of china on eBay.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Tekcru is on a distinguished road
Tekcru's Tacoma Gallery
You ever find anymore info on these? I bought one of those systems off ebay since they were pretty cheap but I haven't received it yet.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #5
I never pulled the trigger, but here I am a year latter looking for the same thing.