1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any suggestions

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by TACBOY, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Feb 20, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    TACBOY

TACBOY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Campbell ,Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma,prerunner,sr5
    none as of yet there is not much to offer here in germany ,but when i get back to the states next year it's a different ball game
    yo guys i'm in need of some feedback does anyone know the right way to install after market driving lights and wiring instructions without tapping into the headlights from lights to battery to switch i have purchased 130watt bulbs to replace the 55w originals that came with the kit i did not need a relay for the 55w to run them but apparently i am burning out switches with the 130w bulbs anyone have a clue why this is happening really would appreciate the help here ,all i wanted was more light and figured just replacing the bulb to a higher wattage was enough i must be doing something wrong ........

thanks anybody for the input

2. Feb 20, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    You have to understand - when you have a Hi-output bulbs, it will generate heat, than it will first start melt the wire, than will be the switch, socket.... etc.
    So I believe the switch & the wire harness that you have cannot hold up the AMPS... than it start to melt.
    When I was a kid and before the HID come out to the market. I have do the same thing that you did, replace the Hi-output bulbs, you know what happen, it melt the light sockets, wire harness..... and it cost me some money to replace the hold harness for my car.
    Therefore I will suggest the money that you waste on the bulbs...... may be use it to upgrade to HID. Go check out ebay, free shipping it will cost less than $90.00 per set. it come with 2 HID bulbs, 2 transformers & wire harness. It is plug & play. Easy to do it yourdelf.
    I hope this will help you out.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top