Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

TRD???? Maybe? *Shrug*

Old 05-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
cowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant future

Name: Brandi
cowgirlrideon's Tacoma Gallery
TRD???? Maybe? *Shrug*

Ok maybe a dumb question and im sure I could've, or dad could've figured it out. But anywho! I have a 2006 Taco. It has no decal or sticker anywhere that refers to it as an TRD and it was not sold to me as being so. Yet when I put my VIN number into toyota it comes up as a TRD. What would be the simplest way to tell for sure? Feel redicules askin but gotta start somewhere.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Hood scoop? Bumper/grill color matched? E-locker?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lights ? Color matched fender flares and a locker button on the dash. Attach some photos to the thread of your truck and that would be a big help
Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you have an SR5
Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Fog lights ? Color matched fender flares and a locker button on the dash. Attach some photos to the thread of your truck and that would be a big help
I have fog lights and color matched fender flares and mine is an SR5...

OP, if you have the e-locker, then you have a TRD Off Road that someone swapped steel wheels on to (TRD Off Road models come with alloy wheels and you don't have a TRD Sport, they have color matched door handles, mirror covers and the hood scoop). If you don't have the rear locking diff, then you have a basic SR5 package.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I have fog lights and color matched fender flares and mine is an SR5...

But not all SR5 packages come with fogs, you buy new or used?
Old 05-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
cowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant futurecowgirlrideon has a brilliant future

I bought used. No hood scoop... (yet). So yeah heres a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
TRD???? Maybe? *Shrug*-883604_136987549810455_1168444929_o.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like an SR5, non TRD
Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Ok! Thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I second that
Old 05-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
But not all SR5 packages come with fogs, you buy new or used?
New. I was just saying that fog lights and color matched fender flares don't define any specific package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlrideon View Post
I bought used. No hood scoop... (yet). So yeah heres a pic.
Looks like an SR5. I'm assuming no rear differential locker?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Does your suspension say bilstien or what ever that would be a TRD

And ofcourse if toyotas system pulled up TRD i would say it is because thats what it was manufactured to be!

I work at a toyota dealer and i put my VIN in the system and it tells me everything i have.

Hope that helps

Ohh and welcome to TW
Old 05-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
Does your suspension say bilstien or what ever that would be a TRD

And ofcourse if toyotas system pulled up TRD i would say it is because thats what it was manufactured to be!

I work at a toyota dealer and i put my VIN in the system and it tells me everything i have.

Hope that helps

Ohh and welcome to TW
The suspension TSB on older Tacomas could have added the Bilstein shocks so that does not necessarily mean it's a TRD. The best and easiest way to tell is if it has the rear locker. No locker = No TRD package
Old 05-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If you have this button, then it's TRD Off Road. Otherwise it's SR5.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely an SR5 with 4x4, exactly what I have besides the wheels. I have the O/R wheels. If you had an off road, you would have these wheels

Edit: Its basically an off road without a diff lock
Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #17

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
Definitely an SR5 with 4x4, exactly what I have besides the wheels. I have the O/R wheels. If you had an off road, you would have these wheels
Or, the previous owner debadged and traded it in with steelies... No way you can say it's DEFINITELY one thing or another until you see the switches to the left of the steering wheel.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or, the previous owner debadged and traded it in with steelies... No way you can say it's DEFINITELY one thing or another until you see the switches to the left of the steering wheel.
If she put her VIN into toyota's system and it says TRD then thats what it is!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You'll see. You'll allllll see!

But seriously, who in their right mind would trade for steelies...
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
You'll see. You'll allllll see!

But seriously, who in their right mind would trade for steelies...
I'm saying the previous owner could have sold off the TRD Off Road alloy wheels and slapped on a cheap set of steelies to trade the truck in. I can think of a lot of people who would do something like that.