Help I got the squeaks.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Deecoop0351 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Usmc 2/8 wpn co.
Name: Daniel
Deecoop0351's Tacoma Gallery
Help I got the squeaks.

My 2011 tacoma with 29k miles on it squeaks when I hit Little bumps in the road
It just started today out the blue. I didn't take it off road or hit anything. It's sound like nuts coming from the front of the truck. Anybody knows anything about this?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure its not your butt cheaks rubbing together?

(sorry, I can't believe I just said that, but what the hell? It's late..)

It could be tons & tons of different things..... You need to see if you can reproduce it.
#1) Bounce up & down on the suspension. Can you hear it?
#2) Take the truck to a carwash and spray out the rear leaf springs good.
NOTE: When the leaf springs are wet, the squeek WILL stop. Wait a couple days until everything dries out before you think the problem is gone.

Report back...
I've got squeeks too now. But its the rear shocks squeeking when I'm running heavy loads.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely spring silencers. Take it to the dealer as you are still under warranty and let them worry about where its coming from. Your diagnosis will not affect what the tech will do.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Mine squeeks on every bump. It comes from the rear leaf springs.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #7
Talking

Thanks guys I'm taking it back to the dealership to see what's up. I just don't like taking things in for repair not knowing what could be the problem. Also my butt cheeks are ok. Lol
Old 05-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #8
Recker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Recker
Recker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Are you sure its not your butt cheaks rubbing together?

(sorry, I can't believe I just said that, but what the hell? It's late..)

It could be tons & tons of different things..... You need to see if you can reproduce it.
#1) Bounce up & down on the suspension. Can you hear it?
#2) Take the truck to a carwash and spray out the rear leaf springs good.
NOTE: When the leaf springs are wet, the squeek WILL stop. Wait a couple days until everything dries out before you think the problem is gone.

Report back...
I've got squeeks too now. But its the rear shocks squeeking when I'm running heavy loads.
OMG too funny!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #9
PUT THE WORK IN
g.hampton will become famous soon enoughg.hampton will become famous soon enough

Air Force: aerial porter
Name: Garrett
g.hampton's Tacoma Gallery
My '09 has been squeaking from the rear for a while now. I just don't know what I should do about it. I already have the TSB leafs so I am not sure what else I could do.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
It's a totally different tsb between each leaf on the end there is a plastic silencer pad that wears out. About $5 to fix with Toyota parts or an inner tube
Old 05-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #11
Man I feel like a dumb ass but I am happy. It was my back seat making the noise. I guess it wasn't lock in all the way. No squeaking for me. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #12
gb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
gb42's Tacoma Gallery
Don't feel bad, when I got my first car I took it to the dealership because I couldn't get both blinkers to stop going at the same time, turns out the tech guy flipped off my hazard light switch. Felt like a complete diptard.