Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Easy Quickfist mounts-NO FABRICATION REQUIRED

Old 05-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Easy Quickfist mounts-NO FABRICATION REQUIRED

Quickfist/other stuff Mounts
Didn't have time to fab something more specialized, and these need a few tweaks. Got this galvanized angle steel at a hardware store.

I primed and painted it (waste of time becasue the paint scratched off so easily. Maybe if I had put a clear coat on... Anyway, I used some bolts, rubber and galvanized washers and nuts to put two lengths of the angle material together like so:

I then took off my bed rails and put one side of the angle underneat and reinstalled the bed rails.

I forgot to take a pic with just the quickfists, but I used #10 machine screws with bolts and wingnuts to make them relatively easy to move around as I get different tools.

And here is most of the stuff I need for whatever else I might need while out on the trail (usually my dogs)
Old 05-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job Travis. If I ever get enough shit to mount in my bed to need these Ill come back to this thread haha.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, when I get my winch points wired up the truck will be really self-sufficient to go out on moderate trails alone and so I am trying to get my expo setup going. Branch saw, shovel, more recovery gear, etc. and I will probably but them behind the cab too. THe hi lift will go on the opposite bed side.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Yeah, when I get my winch points wired up the truck will be really self-sufficient to go out on moderate trails alone and so I am trying to get my expo setup going. Branch saw, shovel, more recovery gear, etc. and I will probably but them behind the cab too. THe hi lift will go on the opposite bed side.
I hear ya. The goal of my truck is the same. Be able to just go out and conquer anything in between point A and point B.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Surprised you chose to do this rather than bolt the Quickfist to the bed rails directly with T-slot nuts.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Surprised you chose to do this rather than bolt the Quickfist to the bed rails directly with T-slot nuts.
I move those bed cleats quite a bit and didn't want them to interfere with the 'fists.