Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

ABS/Brake light on after tire blow out

Old 06-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Brandoaz is on a distinguished road
Brandoaz's Tacoma Gallery
ABS/Brake light on after tire blow out

Hopefully ive found the correct area for this thread.
Ive got an 07 Tacoma acess cab, the night before last i blew out the front left tire at about 60 MPH, came to a controlled stop about 200 yards later( i was on a transition ramp and had to get off of it).
I had to have the truck towed as i didnt have the jack or tool to drop the spare with me( i just got this truck form brother in law and somehow he managed to leave these things elsewhere).
So, after i got it home, i was able to drop and install the spare.
I noticed the next time i drove it that the yellow ABS light and the red BRAKE lights are both illuminated.
Brake fluid reservoir is at max line.
I read somewhere that i can jump certain pins in the OBDII to get codes, but want to make certain i get the correct directions.

Any other thoughts on what to check or what may be the issue?
Thanks !
Old 06-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Check to see that the wires for the ABS system are secure at the affected wheel.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Check to see that the wires for the ABS system are secure at the affected wheel.
Thanks for the reply, i have to admit im not familiar with the ABS wires and location, something i need to pull the wheel to do?
I wondered about this, something that perhaps a flat tire could disconnect or dislodge?
Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The wire is attached to the UCA just follow it down from there. Taking the wheel off would be easier.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
this is the sensor, correct? everything seem to be intact followed the wire up to the fuse box, where i disconnected and reconnected it.
No change in the lights.
Should i pull codes as described in this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-shut-off.html ?

Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
revised
You could try, I haven't before. You could try just unpluging your battery to see if that will reset the code.

That is the ABS senor wire.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
I did unplug battery for about an hour when this first started, didnt change anything.
that wire doesn't look damaged at all, im going to check the other 3 wheels as well.
My neighbor was just out and asked if i had actually tested to see if the ABS worked, so at 30 MPH i stomped on the brakes, it locked up. Ill check and see if it flashes me codes and post back.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoaz View Post
this is the sensor, correct?
Should i pull codes as described in this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-shut-off.html ?

Yes, that's it. They are extremely sensitive, some people have stretched them while doing brake jobs and they throw codes.

Absolutely check the codes if you are competent enough to do so. Then you can be informed and go from there.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
jumping the OBDII resulted in the ABS light flashing
then
Going to post in that other thread to ask specifics about the chart they have. If anyone here has anything else to offer id like to hear it.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoaz View Post
jumping the OBDII resulted in the ABS light flashing
then
Going to post in that other thread to ask specifics about the chart they have. If anyone here has anything else to offer id like to hear it.
41 is probably because you unhooked the battery.

34,check that wheel sensor. Maybe some debris hit the wire or sensor.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
41 is low battery positive voltage, 34 is left rear speed sensor signal malfunction. Here is a link to the codes. Pull the sensors themselves and check for debris on magnets. Unhooking battery doesnt do anything. In the link it tells how to clear the codes. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post5420260
Old 06-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
Thanks for the replies
Sandman514:
I looked and nothing seems to be damaged( i checked all four), and the left rear specifically, again after seeing the code.

Taco TX i dont see anywhere in that link how to clear the codes.
So the 41 code is telling me it knows i unhooked the battery? will that clear on its own?
So i can just unbolt the sensor and pull it out of where its bolted?
Old 06-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Yes and on the end of the sensor is a nipple which is a magnet. Check for debris being stuck to it. I believe it was step on brake pedal 8 times when you first flip key over, not hard just enough to flash the light. Research it a bit, i dont remember which site i found it on.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #14
ok, is there a trick to detaching the wiring clip from the sensor, or do i take the sensor out while attached to the wiring?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #15
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
You just need to lift up on the clip with a small tool like a pick or screw driver. Then undo the 10mm stud/nut on the abs sensor, pull it out and wipe it off with a clean rag, then re-assemble.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
That smells like pure gasoline
Erik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik's Tacoma Gallery
I'm troubleshooting the same problem that was caused by my atrac hack mod + off roading. I cut out a tiny square of rubber from each of my wheel sensor wires, turned the truck on and tested the white wire for power. I found out my left rear sensor is bad. To double check, I jumped the obd2 jack and got ABS/34 and VSC/43 which is left rear wheel speed sensor malfunction and decelerator sensor malfunction. I think the decel is fine tho.