1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for ARB Bumper Installation manual/instructions/video

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 11TRD, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    [​IMG]

As the title says Im looking for installation instructions for the 05-11 ARB bumper. Searched on here and youtube and not finding much. Finding only FJ and 1st gen stuff. Hoping someone has a link. :confused:

2. Jun 9, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    Bump

3. Jun 9, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
  4. Jun 9, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    samsung

samsung Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    look in arbs web site you can download a copy from there. here's a couple of pics of my install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jun 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
  6. Jun 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    I did NOT use any jacks or have any assistance.

Once the Frame mount is on, you can lift the bumper onto it and it will sit there with no issues.

Get yourself a UNI-BIT for the installation if the previous owner didnot drill the ,ast 2 holes already.

If you have aftermarket Remote resi coil overs installed you will run into issues and will need to drill holes in the bracket for them in order for the brace to bolt up.

check my build pics for the pic of it.

7. Jun 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    Do not forget to put your winch in there first and change the orientation of the release if you have one FIRST>

8. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    samsung

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    not necessary. you can put your winch after you installed your bumper by simply removing the skid plate.

9. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    Your correct. I just prefer to have the stuff done BEFORE that way I can mount easier, check angles, and such before I am trying to stuff it in from behind.

10. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    samsung

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    it's probably easier to install the winch on the bumper first.

I just did the winch after i installed the bumper. it's kinda PITA to put the screws in with my fat fingers. lol

11. Jun 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Possible new sig quote! :D

12. Jun 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    I helped install 5 before I did my own, so I had already ran into this issue with the nuts and bolts. Thats why I opted to do the winch when the bumper was off.

If the weather permits, I will finally do my relocation of the solenoid box today.

13. Jun 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
  14. Jun 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
  15. Jun 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
  16. Jun 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    Looks good. You forgot to take thhose hideous LED's off though. I was checking my mail daily for them, guess you forgot.

;) :bananadead:

17. Jun 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Damn it! I forgot to tell you previous owner used JB weld on mounting studs. Cant get them bitches off! :D

18. Jun 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
  19. Jul 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM
    Toytaco59

Toytaco59 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    North Carolina
    Bilstein 5100's all around Front: set at 2.5 Rear: Wheelers 1.5 AAL
    I have a 2012 tacoma that I'm wanting to put an arb bumper on. My question is does the plastic wheel well inserts still work with the arb or do you have to trim them?

20. Jul 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM
    skygear

skygear                    

Member:
    they still work. You use the included zip ties to pull them up inside the bumper though/ Alternatively, just trim them.

Products Discussed in

To Top