Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

recently blacked out my headlights

Old 02-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
hirshy30 is on a distinguished road

Name: MATT
hirshy30's Tacoma Gallery
recently blacked out my headlights

but i am having problems, as they are fogging up. is the only way to prevent fogging is to take them out again and rebake them and seal them rediculously tight again? or is there another kind of sealant u can use to make a new seal cuz the silicone doesnt seal up again the way it was before?

help!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirshy30 View Post
but i am having problems, as they are fogging up. is the only way to prevent fogging is to take them out again and rebake them and seal them rediculously tight again? or is there another kind of sealant u can use to make a new seal cuz the silicone doesnt seal up again the way it was before?

help!
take em back apart and wipe out the condensation then put them together with some RTV silicone

Also I don't know if you live in a humid area but obviously it's better to be in a dry area