Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How many miles on your timing belt??

Old 09-07-2007, 05:28 AM   #1
CutnShootTaco is on a distinguished road
CutnShootTaco's Tacoma Gallery

i have a 2004, and although I have 124,000 miles, they were all mostly highway miles. Still runs excellent. Was wondering how many miles you have gone on the original timing belt??

Thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 05:30 AM   #2
CutnShootTaco is on a distinguished road
CutnShootTaco's Tacoma Gallery

i have a 2004, and although I have 124,000 miles, they were all mostly highway miles. Still runs excellent. Was wondering how many miles you have gone on the original timing belt??

Thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
In my beamer they recomended getting it changed every 50 but i would let it go to 75. i would not push it farther than that. I'm sure it can handle it but its not worth the destruction. I dont know about the Taco but on my beamer when the timing belt goes its time for a new engine or a complete overhaul. If your still on the original then i would get it changed ASAP!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Get it done ASAP!!!!!!!!

You're just asking for a disaster. I've got a 99 4Runner with 117k on it and it's had 2 timing belts.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 AM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, you're lookin' at a hell of repair job if that timing belt breaks on you. Get it done ASAP. It should have been taken care of at 90K!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Read your other post for my answer....