Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Stupid ?

Old 06-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
Flymaker is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Prime Beef
Flymaker's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid ?

A friend of mine has a ford , that he bought used ......The truck didn't have a muffler on it....rather it just has 2 cadalidic converters....I'm sure it didn't come this way from the factory........Has any try'd to run there 4.0 without a muff ??? his ford sounds awesome.....but its not loud.....which is what I would like to have ...good sounding exhaust without all the noise.........just curious......
Old 06-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck will not sound good if you cut off the muffler I can almost guarantee that. Very pissed off weed eater lol. I can bet your buddy has a V8. Ford V8s sound very nice unrestricted, but a V6 like our pickups will not sound the same. Search youtube for different Tacoma exhausts and find something you like, but I don't think you will be happy without a muffler. I tried it when I was installing my current setup and it made me cringe.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Your truck will not sound good if you cut off the muffler I can almost guarantee that. Very pissed off weed eater lol. I can bet your buddy has a V8. Ford V8s sound very nice unrestricted, but a V6 like our pickups will not sound the same. Search youtube for different Tacoma exhausts and find something you like, but I don't think you will be happy without a muffler. I tried it when I was installing my current setup and it made me cringe.
^ this. Only straight 6's, v8's and boosted engines sound good straight piped.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Flymaker is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Prime Beef
Flymaker's Tacoma Gallery
Thx ..
Old 06-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Does OHIO have emissions testing?

If yes....you wouldn't pass.
For removing a muffler?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does OHIO have emissions testing?

If yes....you wouldn't pass.
not any more, they did away with some years ago
Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
For removing a muffler?
Yeah...to legally drive a vehicle on the roadways. I'm pretty certain that you must have a muffler in most all states & counties.

If its a trail rig...and you don't ever plan on registering it or drive it on the roadways - then, by all means....remove the muffler.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oops, thought it was state wide. I guess seven counties are still getting the screws put to them. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
*catalytic ;-)
Old 06-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
Oops, thought it was state wide. I guess seven counties are still getting the screws put to them. Thanks for the info.
It's the wave of the future.... it'll roll out to all counties eventually.