Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Brake Bleeder Caps

Old 06-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Brake Bleeder Caps

I tried looking up the part number for the brake bleeder cap. I need two of them.

Doesn't look like they are listed in the local dealerships parts website. Unless I am searching for the wrong name.

Anyone had to replace these and know the part # or what to use?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
check your local auto parts store, they should be universal, not something you need a Toyota part.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
check your local auto parts store, they should be universal, not something you need a Toyota part.
Maybe I need a different parts store, I tried a couple that didn't seem to get a good grip on the breather and they fell off eventually.

Might try a different brand then.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #4
byrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud of

Name: David
byrd's Tacoma Gallery
For front or rear same one fits all.

At the Stealership
Part Number 3147830010
Part Name CAP, BLEEDER PLUG
MSRP $2.04
Core $0.00
Online Price $2.04
Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd View Post
For front or rear same one fits all.

At the Stealership
Part Number 3147830010
Part Name CAP, BLEEDER PLUG
MSRP $2.04
Core $0.00
Online Price $2.04
Nice find!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
byrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud ofbyrd has much to be proud of

Name: David
byrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
Nice find!
Wasn't to hard, you gave a good description in the title and I knew exactly what they were as I had just seen the ones on my rear hubs the other day while lubing my u-joints. Then I remembered they were on my PreRunner as well since I had bled them in the past. Haven't had to mess with the brakes on my current truck.....yet.

All I did was look at the diagrams for the front and then rear brakes for the part # and check my dealer's website under parts and that was the price it listed. There was no year listed so I'm guessing they fit all Taco's 1st or 2nd gen. And probably all Toyota's.

Anyway, hope that helps you out. At least getting them from the dealer you know they should fit perfect and not disappear as you have experienced with the aftermarket ones.