Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

question ..

Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Flymaker is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Prime Beef
Flymaker's Tacoma Gallery
question ..

2012 Double Cab 4.0- 4x4......Ive got the K&N air filter already installed and will have a Flowmaster super 40 installed tomorrow.....So truck will have more HP... what kind of MPG increase can I expect..???? Should I unhook the battery for a bit to help the ECM learn its new flow rate?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing. You're pissing in the wind thinking that will increase hp/mpg
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
keep your foot off the "skinny pedal on the right"-your MPG will improve!
VVVAARRROOOM!
Just kidding.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Yup don't expect any increase except in sound.

You'll probably get worse MPG because you'll want to hear the exhaust all the time.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
you will probably see no gain.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Who cares-it will sound good-LOL
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
Nothing. You're pissing in the wind thinking that will increase hp/mpg
x2
Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Flymaker is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Prime Beef
Flymaker's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm.....your reply's seem surprising...I did the same thing to my Harley and saw a increase in throttle response and MPG ...not that I gave a crap because it was a toy and sounded bad A$$..and I did lose MPG because my wrist was always in it....LOL.......I did the K&N and the Flowmaster so the truck would breath more freely..first and yes I want it to sound nice.......but with as much as I like this truck I don't believe I will be heavy on the pedal....I bought this truck for what it will allow me to do besides to and from work.....being able to fly fish no matter the mud or snow...I encounter in my travels....There are many places I can go now that I couldn't before....and being the fact is a Toyota I have little doubt it will be running like new at 100k....with the way I do maintenance maybe 150k or more......but being my first Toyota this is all new to me.....loven this truck every time I turn the key.....Last wkend I went fishing ...on a piece of water I could only fish if my buddy went with me in his jeep.....3 miles back in the woods up and down hills mud , creeks.....and the truck just had me smiling all the way in and out.......and got 2 nice smallies to boot....a 17'' and a 19.5''.......all on the fly........loven my Taco for sure.....tomorrow will bring new treads and exhaust.........don't miss the Harley a bit....as I sold it to buy the truck.....the Harley was my mid life crisis..the Taco is my return to sanity....... well somewhat............
Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #9

Its all about HAVING FUN!
you will enjoy your truck--I am on my third toyota.
GREAT TRUCKS-they can stand the abuse that many others cannot.
They run forever-when they get 20 years old-time for a new one-LOL.
Trucks are much SAFER than bikes--4 wheels!